- JOHN J. ABBATE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($500)
Criteria: A male senior currently on the Newington High School varsity
football team who is planning to attend a four year college. Selection is made
on academic background, superior character, sportsmanship and financial need.
- FRIENDS OF FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP – VARSITY FOOTBALL AWARD (2 awards of $1000)
Criteria: Senior male currently on the varsity football squad. Based on
scholarship, character and financial need.
- RICHARD C. HASTINGS III MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP ($500)
Criteria: A Senior male or female student athlete who plans to continue his or
her education beyond high school. Based on superior character, academic
performance and financial need. Preference given to wrestlers.
- SOCCER CLUB OF NEWINGTON – KERRI LEE DONLIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP (2 awards of $500)
Criteria: Senior male and female who is attending Newington High School
and has maintained active participation in the Soccer Club of Newington
through playing, coaching or refereeing. Based on sportsmanship and teamwork.
- SGT. LUKE STANFORD MEMORIAL FUND -
Criteria: A male senior on the Newington High School varsity football team
who is planning to attend a two or four year college. Student must be from a
single parent household. Selection is based on academic background,
sportsmanship, integrity, personality and determination.
- JACOB LAWRENCE MEYERS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – ($500)
Criteria: A Senior student athlete who intends on continuing their education after high school.
Based on a student who has shown strong moral character and work ethic while at
Newington High School. Preference given to student athletes who have shown courage when
faced with adversity.
| | Share